The sixteen Bristol A Second Look 2010 finalists have been announced and my image has made the shortlist.
Taken at Blaise Castle estate in January, one of my favourite places for a head-clearing stroll in Bristol, I couldn't quite resist calling it 'Blaise of Glory'. Ahem.
The brief of the competition was to produce an image that shows -
* unnoticed aspects of Bristol,
* what we might otherwise pass by,
* the small things we might take for granted,
* details with hidden interest or beauty,
* places which people might not normally be able to see.
Voting is open to the public until October 1st and you can vote HERE
Second Look is a photographic association set up & run by volunteers. Founded in January 2008 by six Bristol photographers, Second Look is intended to promote creative photography by organising events, and providing a showcase for photographic practice. They hope to raise the profile of photography as a public art form and to provide a platform for photographers to promote and develop their work.